How To Respond To Negative Reviews On Your Website?Vedanta
As we all know that a business should have a website & online presence in order to grow in a long run. Due to the increase in the usage of smartphones, the time spent by clients in such gadgets has impressively expanded.
For each and every company, reviews matter, and if there is a negative review, the company should know how to respond to the negative reviews.
Each coin has two sides and an online presence has no exception. The sites are open for the people for criticism of the clients. Obviously, the sites or any business get both positive & negative feedback. In any case, the test is how to deal with such responses of the clients?
- Instant Response – The Negative feedbacks should be responded within the time frame of 24 hours. The customer should feel that you care for the customer’s opinion and that you are an active participant in your business. When you’re mindful of a negative survey, put 5 minutes aside to address it.
- Don’t take the review personally – It’s important to response to each and every review polietly & calmly. Always try to solve the customer’s problem and handle the customer issue with care. Don’t take the review personally as the customer don’t know you personally.
- Keep it short & simple – The response for a negative feedback should be short & simple as customers don’t tend to read a longer response. Also, longer response come off as desperate or defensive. The customer is unhappy and it is your duty to response to that customer in a positive way. Reply the review gracefully and politely.
- Turn the negative review into testimonial – All negative reviews hurt, but at the same time, it is a great opportunity for you to turn your lemons into lemonade. Continuously follow up with the customer and after solving their issue, ask them to give a positive review, which will not only make your customer happy but will also help in generating new leads for the business. Also, potential customers will think that you value your customers and you care about making your clients happy.
- Show Empathy – While responding to the negative review, try to put yourself in the customer’s shoes. The customer might be angry because of the services and has given a negative reply for the same. As you respond to a negative review, empathize with the author, and feel compassion for them.
Yes, getting bad reviews is awful!! But, you can turn your negative review into a positive one by responding quickly, gracefully and politely. Also, While these above mention tips will serve as great places to start, make sure you add a unique sentence or two in each of these while responding to reviews for best results. Thus online reputation should be taken seriously and the company should express the respective views promptly.
Leave a Reply