Brands that ignore “Social Media”, will die. It’s that simple. Social Media is changing the world and we are all here witnessing it.
One of the social media platforms – Instagram with 100 million users in India iis the second most popular social network in India. As of July 2020, Instagram is one of the most popular social network sites worldwide. Instagram is a popular platform, especially among young adults, where they can share selfies, photographs or any other content.
Instagram is part of our lives now and plays an important part in the business growth. From social selling to brand building, there is a reason why Instagram is booming at a rapid rate. Besides this, many brands find Instagram advertisements difficult to grow and adapt Instagram as part of their social strategy.
In order to grow your business through Instagram, we have brought you the comprehensive Instagram Marketing tips to grow your business and brand.
1. Know your audience – The first and foremost tip for successful Instagram advertisements is to know the behavior, interest of the audience. In order to appeal to the audience, one must create beautiful Instagram content. Since business is using Instagram advertisements. One needs to consider whether the audience they are targeting are potential buyers or they can help them build the brand.
How can you learn about your audience?
- Try Instagram Insights: Instagram Insights helps the business to know the interest and behavior of the potential customers which includes –
- Impressions: How many times your content was viewed
- Reach: Total number of unique accounts that viewed a piece of content
- Website clicks: How many clicks the link in your business profile has received
- Follower activity: How often your followers are on Instagram daily
- Video views: How often your video content has been viewed
- Saves: How many people have saved your posts
Insights also includes demographic information, so you can see where your followers come from, their age, and their gender.
2. Talk with the Audience – The more users share and comment your content, the easier it is for new users to find it. Instagram’s algorithms prioritize content which has higher engagement.
3. Use Relevant hashtags – In order to advertise the brand, product or services through Instagram marketing, one must use the most relevant and trending hashtags. The most specific and relevant hashtags which makes it easier to reach the potential customers.
Here are a few hashtag best practices:
- Don’t overdo it: five targeted hashtags are better than 25 random ones.
- Avoid overused tags: adding #love or #instagood is as good as useless.
- Don’t spam: keep them relevant to the image.
4. Know the correct time to post – A recent poll by some of the big brands found that 7-9 PM is the best time to post the content. So post your content accordingly.
In order to know more about the Instagram marketing tips, here are some tips by the companies which provides Instagram marketing services: –
- Aim for non-work hours (lunch and evenings)
- Weekends if you’re a B2C company; probably not for B2B
- Wednesdays and Thursdays seem to be best for engagement
- 3-4 pm is generally the worst for engagement
In the end, it’ll take a little research to figure out what works best for you. Monitor your posts – and your competitors’ – to arrive at an optimum posting schedule for your account.
5. Work with Influencers – Influencers are industry VIPs, whose word goes a long way with buyers. Whether you’re trying to build your Instagram presence or make sales, their endorsement is just what you need.
To do this, you first need to identify the right people.
Good influencers should:
- Have a suitable audience (that might actually buy)
- Be vocal and visible in your industry
- Have a history of influencing their followers’ decisions
In other words, they actually need to be influential. Just having a huge following isn’t enough.
Those were 5 great tips – to make Instagram work better for your brand. Now it’s just time to put them to use.